Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LAPTOP D5LSJ967
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't have bluetooth on my laptop. I tried several downloads from Microsoft , HP & Intel , none seem to work?

Maybe that's why Laptop didn't come with Bluetooth?

Any suggestions anyone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Below is the link to the parts list for your notebook.

HP PartSurfer

It comes with a Realtek RTL8188EE-VJ 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi adapter, which is a single band, non-Bluetooth wifi adapter.

You have two options to add Bluetooth...

1. Purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter.

2. Replace the Realtek RTL8188EE wifi adapter with this model, and have both dual band AC wifi as well as Bluetooth...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see Intel 3165 cards listed at the top of the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find removal and replacement procedure.

HP Notebook PC (Intel) * Models: 15-ay000 – 15-ay099 * Models: 15-ay100 – 15-ay199HP 250 G5 Notebook...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended
Device name LAPTOP-D5LSJ967
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N3060  @ 1.60GHz   1.60 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.85 GB usable)
Device ID 7A4A47CC-5946-442F-A2C2-79176905F7C0
Product ID 00325-80763-56775-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
HP Recommended

That is not the model number or product number.

That is just some random name Windows assigned to your PC.

Your notebook's product number will be arranged like this...5ES85EA#ABA

That will be found on the same label or location as the serial number, or you can also find it in your notebook BIOS' system information window.

If that doesn't help, please let me know the model of the wireless network adapter that your PC comes with.

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

Model # HP AY010CA

Product # X6V86UA#ABL

Thanks for your help so far 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Below is the link to the parts list for your notebook.

HP PartSurfer

It comes with a Realtek RTL8188EE-VJ 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi adapter, which is a single band, non-Bluetooth wifi adapter.

You have two options to add Bluetooth...

1. Purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter.

2. Replace the Realtek RTL8188EE wifi adapter with this model, and have both dual band AC wifi as well as Bluetooth...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see Intel 3165 cards listed at the top of the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find removal and replacement procedure.

HP Notebook PC (Intel) * Models: 15-ay000 – 15-ay099 * Models: 15-ay100 – 15-ay199HP 250 G5 Notebook...

HP Recommended

OK Great ! I will check those options out 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.