Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I cleaned up my old laptop that was collecting dust. I wiped the files and restored to factory settings. And now it does not charge. It works if it's plugged in but as soon as it is unplugged it shuts off.

It is the type that has the battery that pops out when you slide the button. So I checked all the physical stuff I could. I checked the drivers(by following a guide). That is about the extent of my tech abilities.

When I was using it regularly it charged fine. It's been out of commission for about 2 years now. I think the total age is 6-7 years. Maybe 8.

Anyway. Is it worth trying to replace the battery? Other than not charging it seems to be working fine. It's a good sturdy machine. Or is it better to just sell as is?

My main question is how/can I fix this battery charging issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @horus66,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

This could be a hardware issue with the unit and may need repair. 

I suggest that you contact HP Service Center in your location from this weblink: https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/service-center 
Note: Select your country from the dropdown,  enter the city or postal code, select the product, change the radius, and click on search to locate the nearest HP Service center near your location.

Hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.