Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0132tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My GIG: HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0132tx
(I'm using this machine for 4 months now and I'm very much satisfied with the performance!)

Wireless Network Adapter: Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo

The Problem:

1.  Random Blue Screen Error when I use the laptop connected to the WIFI

2. The Blue Screen says NMI_HARDWARE_FAILOUR
2. The Error appears both in the working state and in the Idle state (Very randomly, 3-4 times a day)
3. When the BSoD appears sometimes it restarts automatically and sometimes just freeze on that screen

Basic Troubleshooting I performed:

Test with Ethernet:
1. Used Laptop with plugged in an Ethernet Connection (leaving Wifi ON) - BSoD Not Appear

2. Used Laptop with plugged in an Ethernet Connection (leaving Wifi OFF) - BSoD Not Appear
3. Used Laptop with plugged in an Ethernet Connection (Disabled WIFI Device from Device Manager) - BSoD Not Appear

- Result: Works Perfectly with an Ethernet Connection

Test with USB WIFI Dongle:
1. Disabled Built-in Wifi from Windows Device Manager
2. Plugged In TP-Link USB Wifi Dongle (Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter)
3. Connect with my Wifi Router
4. Boom! BSoD NMI_HARDWARE_FAILOUR error appeared 3 times in 1 hour!!

- Result: Even Worst!

Test with Software and Updates:

1. Fresh Install Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Several Times (Installed both USB install and Reset this pc from Setting and Recovery option inside windows )
2. Uninstall, Update, Rollback from Windows Device Manager Several Times
3. Download Latest Driver from Intel Website and Install
4. Download Latest Driver Again from HP Support Page then Install

- Result: NO LUCK with any of the above steps!

I have also changed my router once but that didn't help as well

I was thinking to replace the built-in WIFI card before the USB WIFI Dongle test but Since the problem remains the same with an external dongle I think the problem is not the Hardware! 

What can be the possible reason and solution for this problem?

I'd really appreciate your help regarding this problem.  Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laptop's General specifications:

Device: hp pavilion gaming 15 dk0132tx laptop

CPU: Intel Core i5 9300H @ 2.40GHz [Coffee Lake 14nm Technology]

RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

Chipset: Intel® HM370

Motherboard: HP 85FC (U3E1)

Graphics:

1. Intel UHD Graphics 630 (HP)
  2. 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (HP)

Storage: 512GB SanDisk SD7SB2Q-512G-1006 SATA - PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Network Adapters:

1. Wireless = Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo
  2. LAN = Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (20H2)

IMG_20201012_155048.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.