Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-AB521TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have this model for about 4 years now and I had never tried to use BT on laptop (which has a BCM43142 combo wifi/BT chipset).  

About 2 months back , I tried to setup my Galaxy Buds-2 with this laptop for Stereo Audio and there are so many issues in setting up and after setup it is extremely unstable.  

Below are the problems:  

1.After setup is over I cant select Galaxy Buds-2 as  audio device (In sound devices this option is not listed at all) and if I am able to select it I wont hear anything through buds.

2.After some struggle I managed to connect to buds and audio device and then disconnected and connected again and same issues.

And this is not the issue with my Galaxy buds as it works perfectly with my Phone and also on the same laptop it works reasonably well on Ubuntu OS.  

And the issue is not only with Galaxy Buds , I have the exact same issue when I tried to connect a JBL stereo speaker and with this speaker most of the time it is connected in Voice Mode (low audio quality) and I can never switch to stereo mode.

What I have tried:

1.Uninstall and reinstall Galaxy Buds device from Device manager.

2.Uninstalled and reinstalled latest BT drivers for this laptop from 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74988.exe

With no improvements at all.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gururaj

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bsguru, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Remove any wireless interference

The Bluetooth wireless signal between your computer and device might be too weak to make a good connection.

Example of non-wireless products interfering with wireless performance

1. Make sure the device is on and discoverable.

2. Check for and turn off Bluetooth on any other devices that are not being used.

3. Move the computer and device closer together, usually within 10 m (33 ft).

4. Make sure there are no objects between your computer and device. Objects such as TVs, microwaves, cordless phones, or other wireless devices can weaken Bluetooth signals.

5. Try to pair.

Restart the device and computer

Restarting the device and computer might resolve any connectivity error states.

1. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

2. Turn off the device.

3. Turn on the computer and device, and then try to pair.

Check the wireless communication settings

On your computer, make sure your wireless communication settings allow for a Bluetooth connection.

1. In Windows, search for and open Airplane mode.

2. Make sure Airplane mode is turned off, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on.

NOTE: 

Airplane mode automatically turns off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. If you need to use Bluetooth while in Airplane mode, you can manually toggle it back on.

Making sure Airplan mode is off, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on

3. Try to pair.

Check for a Bluetooth driver update

If the Bluetooth driver for your device is out of date, you might experience connectivity issues.

1. Open Device Manager, and then click the arrow next to Bluetooth to view the currently installed devices.

2. Right-click your Bluetooth device, and then select Update driver.

3. On the Update Drivers screen, click Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If an update is not available, continue to the next step.

• If an update is available, update the driver, and then try to pair.

Uninstall the Bluetooth device, and then pair it

The Bluetooth driver for your device might be in an error state or corrupted. Uninstall the device using Device Manager, and then pair it to the computer to reinstall the driver.

1. Open Device Manager, and then click the arrow next to Bluetooth to view the currently installed devices.

2. In Device Manager, right-click the device you are trying to pair, and then click Uninstall device.

3. On the confirmation screen, click Uninstall. The device is removed from the list.

4. Restart the computer to reset any wireless connections.

5. Try to pair.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.