Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
12-17-2020 06:32 AM
Product: HP Pavilion G6 - 2004tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
1. Bluetooth Not Working
2. Wifi is working (Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter) , so if WIRELESS MODULE contains both Bluetooth and Wifi features then don't think issue is with the Hardware. (How can I confirm this? Tried Pt 3 below.)
3. Window 10 Troubershooter on Bluetooth , returned NO BLUETOOTH Devices found. (HARDWARE ISSUE or DRIVER ?)
4. At HP Drivers Portal , Device - Pavilion G6 2004tx , is not shown compatible for Windows 10 64 bit.
5. Tried a few options from DEVICE MANAGER > ADD LEGACY HARDWARE > BLUETOOTH , all showing below error -
"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"
6. I am not sure if I am installing the correct drivers from various links provided in other solutions to similar problem.
Please support in resolving this.
1 REPLY 1
12-17-2020 06:59 AM
Unfortunately, there is no solution to get the Ralink bluetooth to work on W10.
I'm surprised the wifi is still working...it probably won't for long.
That is a common issue with W10 and the Ralink cards.
The 5390 has the old Ralink BT 3.0 version which is not supported under W10.
You can purchase an external USB bluetooth adapter.
While I cannot guarantee it will work, you could try replacing the Ralink wifi card with this model...
Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter HP part # 730668-001.
You should be able to find this model card on eBay or Ali Express.
Both wifi and bluetooth will work on W10, and it is also a dual band card, so it will work on the 5.0 GHz wifi band as well.
That is assuming the BIOS does not reject the card.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community