Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product: Hp notebook 15-ac083-tx

Hello! I bought this laptop in 2015. My Bluetooth worked for the first 6 months or so and then after that, it frequently used to get lost completely and come back suddenly another day out of nowhere. I ignored the issue and now when I again want it to connect with my speakers, I am helpless. The adapter doesn't show up in windows as well as in the Linux environment. As if My Laptop doesn't even have hardware there. 

I have tried installing drivers. Tried adding legacy hardware from the device manager. There is absolutely no word stating Bluetooth anywhere except for the running services section. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Viswashh Here are a few things that should help resolve the issue:

If you cannot pair your computer with a Bluetooth device, review the steps to check for connection or driver issues.

Step 1: Confirm your computer has Bluetooth

Use Device Manager to confirm if your computer supports Bluetooth.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. In Device Manager, look for Bluetooth or Bluetooth Radios in the list.

• If Bluetooth does not display, your computer does not support it.

• If Bluetooth displays, continue to the next step.

Bluetooth displays in Device Manager

Step 2: Make sure the Bluetooth signal is on

When the Bluetooth signal is turned off, you cannot pair an existing device, add a new device, or modify Bluetooth settings.

1. Open Device Manager, and then click the arrow next to Bluetooth or Bluetooth Radios.

Clicking the arrow next to Bluetooth to expand the list

• If your device displays in the list, the Bluetooth signal is on. Skip to the next step.

• If your device does not display in the list, right-click the Bluetooth card, select Enable device, and then try to pair.

Clicking enable device for the bluetooth card

Step 3: Remove any wireless interference

The Bluetooth wireless signal between your computer and device might be too weak to make a good connection.

Example of non-wireless products interfering with wireless performance

1. Make sure the device is on and discoverable.

2. Check for and turn off Bluetooth on any other devices that are not being used.

3. Move the computer and device closer together, usually within 10 m (33 ft).

4. Make sure there are no objects between your computer and device. Objects such as TVs, microwaves, cordless phones, or other wireless devices can weaken Bluetooth signals.

5. Try to pair.

Step 4: Restart the device and computer

Restarting the device and computer might resolve any connectivity error states.

1. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

2. Turn off the device.

3. Turn on the computer and device, and then try to pair.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 5 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.