Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
07-09-2020 03:37 PM
Product: Pavilion 23
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Bluetooth came installed on my Pavilion 23. Did work now does not. Says may be unplugged.Drivers are up to date. Only place it is in Device Manager under hidden devices. Anyone know how to make this work.
1 REPLY 1
07-13-2020 04:29 PM
@Cebert Here are a few steps that should help resolve the issue:
1) Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot . Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, select Run the troubleshooter, and follow the instructions.
2) Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager
If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter, shutting down your PC, and triggering an automatic driver reinstall:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
- In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device.
- Select the Start button, then select Power > Shut down.
- After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver.
- If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes.
If the issue persists, update the wireless card and BIOS drivers from the HP website: click here to find and install the same.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community