Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bluetooth compatibility HP pavillion x2 - 10-n054na (ENERGY STAR)

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x2 - 10-n054na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, I have bought a set of new sony bluetooth headphones and they are not recognized by my system. All the drivers are udated and checked through support assistant. Is there any solution to make it compatible? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Harsha9247,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I gather that you purchased a set of Sony Bluetooth headphones but they are not recognized by the notebook. You have updated all the drivers and ran the HP Support Assistant but there was no change.

Here is a link to HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 😎 that may help. If the issue should still be unresolved please try the following steps. 

Step 1. Go to device manager and click on Bluetooth to expand the list
Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want
Step 3. Select "Update Driver Software..."
Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"
Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list
Step 8. Finally select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

While you are in Device Manager right click on your Bluetooth device and choose properties

Click the power management tab.  
If allow this computer to turn off this device to save power is checked please remove and click apply.

If you are still unable to pair with a Bluetooth device try the following:
Step 1. Type" change device" into Cortana
Step 2. Click on where it says Change device installation settings. 
Step 3. Select the No, let me choose what to do option. 
Step 4. Check the automatically get the device app option
Step 5. Click Save changes to save the settings you just chose

As well you can try this: 

Step 1. Go to Cortana  and type “services.msc” and  press Enter
Step 2. Now find “Bluetooth Support Service” and double click on it ( on the general tab you can change it startup automatically if you like)
Step 3. Now click on Log On Tab and Type in "Local Service" without quotes if it is not already showing
Step 4. Now remove any passwords leave the password field blank
Step 5. Click apply in the lower left corner.
Step 6. Click the recovery tab and ensure it is set to restart the service after the first and second failure and change if necessary and click apply.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation