1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Bluetooth completely disappearing

HP Recommended
Spectre X360-15 (2020 model)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

For a while now I've been having issues with the Bluetooth connectivity completely disappearing. It's more than simply dropping the connection as when you look in Device Manager it tells you that the computer has NO Bluetooth facility at all - not even any hardware to run it!

This started happening after I installed various updates from HP Support Assistant. It seems to be a BIOS update which did it. When I went back and reinstalled the previous BIOS file Bluetooth is back but it often disappears again but comes back after I reinstall the BIOS file again. The most recent BIOS update sp112679 simply will not work at all as far as BT is concerned and even causes WiFi connectivity to stop working as well.

The BIOS fie which works (but keep losing BT eventually) is sp111748. 

Does anyone know what is going on here? 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation