Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 n003-TX Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The bluetooth earphones (with v 5.0) get paired after minutes with the laptop (with v 4.0) but the range is not even half a meter. Upon increasing the distance above what i mentioned earlier, I lose audio and connected music property. Upon playing some audio, either the speaker starts playing it instead of the bluetooth device or even if the bluetooth device plays it, the sound is very jittery, non-uniform and have no continuity with full of breaks. I have also cross checked to see if the bluetooth device had any issues, but they worked fine with other notebooks with normal operating bluetooth.

Please guide me how to proceed here now as my laptop is 6+ years old now but I am not in a mood to scrap this and get a new one. I recently replaced my HDD with SSD.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DEBA3

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Try the suggestions below -

If the issue is not one of bandwidth, as covered in the previous section, the problem may be caused by a number of issues. The checklist below may help solve the problem.

• Have you recently toggled between the display and an external monitor?

When toggling between display modes, the music may repeat, break up, or skip for a few seconds until it has a chance to re-sync.

• Have you recently set the computer to Standby, Hibernate, or Power Off?

If so, the headphone connection will time out and the headphone audio sync will need to be reconnected once the unit is up and running. Your audio player may need to be closed and restarted once headphone connection is established.

• Have you recently muted and un-muted the audio player?

If so, it may take a few seconds for the sound to synchronize.

• Are you installing, removing or copying files from a SD card while listening?

Installing, removing, or copying files in any way takes up system resources, and can degrade the quality of the audio you are listening to over your headphones.

• Have you recently charged your headphones?

Verify that the headphones are charged. Lack of power can disrupt the signal.

• Do you have an older version of Bluetooth headphones?

Older Bluetooth headphone models may have a problem with driver compatibility.

Try updating windows from support assistant : 

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.

2. On the My devices tab, find your computer, and then click Updates.

3. Click Check for updates and messages to get the latest updates.

4. Wait while Support Assistant works.

5. If new updates are available, click the check box next to each update, and then click Download and install.

6. When HP Support Assistant finishes, close the tool.

Refer to -Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers  and Fixing Bluetooth Headphones

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.