Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I own HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 Convertible PC

• I7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.81 GHz
  • RAM 8 GB
  • Win10 Pro 64 bit OS

From last month approximately, I face problems with bluetooth working.

In the office it works all perfectly but on other locations, home for example, does not.

When open the "NOTIFICATION" on right lower corner, "SETTINGS" appear and you see how the BLUETOOTH icon disappear.

Coming back to the office, there’s any problem, like if nothing happened.

Tried to reinstall the driver but problem persist.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nik.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nixa_turky

Not knowing, I have to guess that at work, you're using a wired network connection; while, at home, you're using WiFi.

IF that is true, then read this article about interference between WiFi and BT:  https://superuser.com/questions/1230905/wifi-bluetooth-interference

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@nixa_turky

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

What do you mean by "it works in the office"?

Are you using the same bluetooth devices in the office and in other locations?

Unfortunately, Win10  has a known bad reputation with Bluetooth -- and they don't seem too concerned about it as the new versions don't mention any fixes for the problems.

HP Recommended

Are you using the same bluetooth devices in the office and in other locations?

Yes, I bought the HP_Elite_Presenter_Mouse, (HP !!!) and in the office works without problems and at home does not.

Point is that the BLUETOOTH icon disappear from settings when I'm at home or other places.

For example, like if it is enabled on certain network (work) and then, on my home WiFi or mobile hot spot via self phone is disabled.
Simply, there's no BLUETOOTH at all

HP Recommended

@nixa_turky

Not knowing, I have to guess that at work, you're using a wired network connection; while, at home, you're using WiFi.

IF that is true, then read this article about interference between WiFi and BT:  https://superuser.com/questions/1230905/wifi-bluetooth-interference

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Well, seems done.

Router is FRITZ!Box 7490.

Went into router and changed the 2.4-GHz wireless standard from 802.11n+g to 802.11b+g.

Thanks WAWood, your tip was useful .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.