Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The Bluetooth for my HP Notebook (product number X8N01EA#ABU) stopped working on Christmas day.

When I tried to go into settings to check the Bluetooth was turned on, there was no Bluetooth icon and it didn't give me the option to turn on Bluetooth.

The message 'Bluetooth turned off' was displayed next to all Bluetooth devices.

My notebook comes with a built-in Realtek Bluetooth adapter which has worked without problems previously.

I have been on Windows 10 (64 bit) for years and it has worked fine with that as well.

Bluetooth was working the day before and from what I can work out there was no update between then and when it stopped working.

I tried plugging in an external, USB Bluetooth adapter and that doesn't work either.

When I ran a Windows diagnostic with the USB Bluetooth adapter still in, it told me there were two adapters plugged in and this was affecting the performance, so I unplugged the USB.

It then said there were some issues with the integral, REALTEK adapter and attempted to fix them but the fix was unsuccessful.

According to the specifications form the HP support assistant, I am running:

REALTEK Bluetooth Driver - REALTEK Semiconductor Corp. - 1.0.0.48

I have tried finding an update for the REALTEK Bluetooth driver but I am struggling to identify the correct update for my specific adapter.

Any tips or solutions much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the latest W10 bluetooth driver for the Realtek bluetooth...

1.8.1030.3010     Released to HP on Oct 6, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110200.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the latest W10 bluetooth driver for the Realtek bluetooth...

1.8.1030.3010     Released to HP on Oct 6, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110200.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks, that solved the problem straight away, much obligede 😀

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.