Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 245 G5 - Y9Q66PC#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my gifted hp 245 g5 notebook pc  product id Y9Q66PC#ACJ in December 2016 with preinstalled windows 10. But I didnt get bluetooth support on it. network adapter installed is Realtek RTL 8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter . I tried various drivers from hp site but this didnt worked . So after checking specs of this device on hp's website where bluetooth is mentioned in this device I decided to post in forumfor seeking help . Please do reply if anyone knows the solution. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Realtek RTL 8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter is a single band, non bluetooth wifi card.

Your notebook does not have built in bluetooth.

You have two options...purchase an external USB Bluetooth adapter, or replace the RTL8188EE wifi card, and if you want to do that, you may as well upgrade it to the dual band AC model with bluetooth...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

The only place I have been able to find this model is on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The card has the same throughput as the RTL8723 on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router, it has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS.

On a dual band wireless N router, it would have a maximum throughput of 150 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227925

HP Recommended

i quote the text in the pdf link u have sent , it says it is a combo adapter. please clarify.
Wireless NetworkIntegrated wireless options with single antenna (M.2/PCIe):
Compatible with Miracast-certified devices
Support for the following WLAN formats:●
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter●
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter●
Realtek RTL8188EE-VJ 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter●
Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter●
Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter (HP Notebook PC models only)

HP Recommended

The only bluetooth card that works with a single antenna is this one...

Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter (HP Notebook PC models only)

The Intel ones require two antenna cables.

The Realtek 8821CE wifi card while not listed in the manual, will also work and it is dual band.

The Realtek RTL8723BE is only a single band wifi adapter, so if you want to replace the non-Bluetooth RTL 8188EE with a bluetooth card, you may as well upgrade the wifi part too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.