Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m4 Entertainment PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got this new computer as a gift and used with no problem in anything. But recently I've seen a little problem in here. In my old PC I had at least the bluetooth button there for use, but never used it. In this computer I can't even see that button in the Options menu. So I'm here for some questions:

1. Does th computer has bluetooth?

2. In case it does, how do I turn on bluetooth?

3. In the opposite case, how could I use bluetooth as in headphones or mouses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Something_here,

Try typing the word "Bluetooth" into the search field on the Windows taskbar. If your PC has Bluetooth, one of the results should be "Bluetooth Settings." Click that and it will take you to the settings menu where you can enable Bluetooth.

If you want to connect a Bluetooth mouse, for example, you will need the Bluetooth dongle for that device. For Bluetooth devices that don't come with dongles, I think you would have to add Bluetooth to your computer to be able to use them. See How to Add Bluetooth to Your Computer from How-to Geek.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Something_here,

Try typing the word "Bluetooth" into the search field on the Windows taskbar. If your PC has Bluetooth, one of the results should be "Bluetooth Settings." Click that and it will take you to the settings menu where you can enable Bluetooth.

If you want to connect a Bluetooth mouse, for example, you will need the Bluetooth dongle for that device. For Bluetooth devices that don't come with dongles, I think you would have to add Bluetooth to your computer to be able to use them. See How to Add Bluetooth to Your Computer from How-to Geek.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended
I see what you meant. The question came because I got some Bluetooth headphones and tried to connect them. What I was searching was the model of my computer because, as a gift, they didn't give the box where it was. I already found that this laptop does not have Bluetooth, but thank you for the answer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.