Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth not pairing with speakers

HP Split 13x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I attempt to connect to Bluetooth speakers, Klipsch or jam Plus, the device shows in the Settings --> Bluetooth window. I then click on the Pair button and after about 1 min. I get a dialog box with this message "That didn't work. Try again, and make sure Bluetooth headset is still discoverable.

The two speakers can be pair with other divices.

The speakers would pair and play as expected until about 6 months ago.
Under device manager --> bluetooth there are three drivers Mediatek Bluetooth Adaptor, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator.  When right clicking on updates and selecting "search automatically ..." they all show that they have the best driver software for your device.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 919
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @FAMoore

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to pair your Bluetooth speaker with your HP Split 13 x2 computer. Happy to help.

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Have you run the troubleshooter available in the control panel?

Recommend you to update the wireless driver and Bluetooth driver on your computer using HP Support Assistant.

Make sure the wireless button on your computer is ON and open device manager.

Check if Bluetooth is listed in device manager and is enabled. 

Make sure the Bluetooth headset is not paired with any other device. 

Have the Bluetooth headset off, open the Bluetooth utility and when it is searching for Bluetooth devices, turn the Bluetooth headset ON. 

If the headset is still not getting detected, recommend you to run the troubleshooter from the control panel. 

To get the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, follow the procedure mentioned below:

a)    Press Windows key + W, type Devices and Printers in the search box.

b)    Select Devices and Printer from the list.

c)    Right-click on the device icon of the computer name and select “Bluetooth Device.”

d)    In “Bluetooth Settings” window, check “Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area”, and then click “OK.”

e)    If the Bluetooth icon is still not found in the notification area, reinstall Bluetooth drivers and check.

Refer to this Microsoft post for assistance and Connect a Bluetooth device article

Let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

FAMoore Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, Chimney_83 but this did not help. I have the following comments; 1. Recommend you to update the wireless driver and Bluetooth driver on your computer using HP Support Assistant. a. The support assistant shows all drivers are up to date. b. In device manager, the bluetooth drivers all show the latest drivers are installed. I went ahead and searched local and ran those. c. I assume by "wireless driver" you mean "Network adapters". Is this correct? They are all up to date also.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 919
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, make sure the wireless button is ON and check notification area if Bluetooth is ON or not. Run troubleshooter using the control panel. 

Bluetooth should be listed in device manager under network adapters.

Let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

FAMoore Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chimney_83, Ok, I ran the Troubleshooting --> Hardware and sound --> Network Adapter for Bluetooth and received the message "troubleshooting couldn't indentify the problem". 

The wifi button is on.

The bluetooth button is showning in the notification area under the show hidden icons.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 919
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, does not device get detected when you try to add the device using Bluetooth utility - add device option?

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support as they can take a remote of your computer and check the settings for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation