05-29-2016 03:31 PM
I just bought a new wireless bluetooth keyboard and when I tried setting it up, it couldn't be detected. I then looked through support forums and tried to go to Settings - Devices and Printers - Bluetooth like people suggested to similar questions, but my settings screen doesn't even include Bluetooth. Can someone please help me with this? I'd really like to use this keyboard.
05-29-2016 03:46 PM - edited 05-29-2016 03:49 PM
Below is the link to the product specs page for your notebook.
It does not come with built in bluetooth networking or that feature would have been listed along with the 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN wireless connectivity specification.
The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter in order to have bluetooth functionality.
You may also be able to replace the wireless card with one that has bluetooth, listed in the service manual for your notebook.
Make sure there are two antennas connected to the wireless card if you plan on replacing it.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)