Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth peripheral device not working

g42 356TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Device - HP G42 356TU 

OS - Windws 7 home basic 64 Bit SP1

I am not trying to connect anything specific, although I used my phone and a bluetooth headset as example. At present, without any device being connected, in the Device manager, I see 7 Entries under "Other Devices". All of them are called "Bluetooth Peripheral Devices" and have the Yellow Exclamation mark on them. I have already tried a lot of methods available.For instance, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and updating the driver.Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16246 16226 1162 1722
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth peripheral device not working

Hey there! @arps6265, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that issues adding any Bluetooth peripheral to your laptop.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Did you make any hardware or software changes to your PC?

As you mentioned you see Yellow Exclamation mark on all the Bluetooth Peripheral Devices in device manager.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Start > Search > Device Manager > Other Devices > Bluetooth Peripheral Device > Update Driver Software

Once you click on Update Driver Software the below window will display.

From the Update Driver Software – Bluetooth Peripheral Device window click on Browse My Computer for Driver Software option to display the below window.

Now click on the Let Me Pick From A List Of Device Drivers On My Computer to display the Select Your Device Type window.

Select Bluetooth Radios from the list in the above list of devices and then click the Next button to display a list of Manufacturers and Models.

Select Microsoft Corporation from the Manufacturers window and then Windows Mobile-based Device Support from the Model window and click the Next button. After clicking the Next button a warning will appear as displayed below that you can click Yes to proceed with installing the driver.

After moving past the above warning the Bluetooth Peripheral Device for the iPhone will install and once complete will display the below window to let you know it has completed successfully.

If the issue still persists, download the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer's website and install the driver to your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! :)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation