cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bluetooth problem

HP Recommended
HP 15 r062tu Notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the official page of the specifications of HP laptop. It is showing that, my laptop has Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity. But there is no any Bluetooth driver or software is installed in my laptop. Although, I installed the Bluetooth driver from the Intel website but yet it does not show any Bluetooth device in device manager.

Is there no any Bluetooth adapter in my laptop even HP shows it in their specifications? Why?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
121,989 112,169 17,995 27,459
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The reason for that is because according to the parts list for your notebook, it comes with a Ralink wifi adapter.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=J8B76PA

That is a common problem with the later releases of W10 and that model wifi card.

I am very surprised the wifi hasn't disappeared on you as well, because it usually does.

There is no fix for the problem. other than to replace the Ralink wifi card with a better model wifi adapter that has later drivers for W10, or purchase an external USB Bluetooth adapter.

Replacing the internal wifi card is not an easy procedure and you would first need to take it apart and confirm that there are two antenna cables attached to the Ralink wifi card in there now in order to upgrade it.

Below is the link to the service manual.  The wifi card R & R procedure can be found in chapter 6.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

If your notebook has two antenna cables attached to the Ralink wifi card, you can upgrade to this Intel wifi card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0           HP Part # 710661-001

The cards is readily available on eBay or Amazon.

Search by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation