Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my HP Elitebook 840 G1 the bluetooth is supported but it is not showing me the option of bluetooth. I also download the particular driver required for this model and also install this driver but it is still not showing the option of bluetooth. So please I request you to solve my problem. The bluetooth option is also missing in Device Manager and in Elitebook.

Thanks for reading.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you upgrade your notebook from W7 to W10?

HP Recommended

Bluetooth: The option of bluetooth is not there before update and also after update.         (Scroll down please )

Fingerprint scanner: The Fingerprint scanner is working properly in windows 10 older version. But after installing a new update of windows 10 before 3 or 5 days the Fingerprint scanner is not working properly. The problem is it is start scanning in display but when I swiping the finger on scanner it is not scanning my fingerprint and on the display of Elitebook showing that swipe your finger until windows hello fingerprint set up complete. I also install the driver again but it is still not scanning my fingerprints. These happens after updating a windows 10 new version. So I request you to solve my problem.   (Scroll down please )

And I have also one question that if I restore the older version of windows 10 then I have to redownload the newer version or we can also go by clicking back on restore last version?

Thanks for reading.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You never answered by question regarding upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

I can't help you with why the fingerprint scanner isn't working.  That was not part of your original question.

Bluetooth...the only suggestion I can offer is this...

Download Ubuntu from the link below, and make a bootable Ubuntu installer.

https://ubuntu.com/download

Tutorial for making a bootable installer...

https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview

Boot from the Ubuntu installer, and select the option to Try Ubuntu without installing.

See if you can turn on the Bluetooth in Ubuntu.

If you can, turn it on, shut down the PC, remove the installer and when you are back into Windows the Bluetooth should be working again.

If not, then either your notebook never had Bluetooth hardware in the first place, or the Bluetooth portion of the wireless network adapter is not functioning.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.