Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavillion 17-g188ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been having issues with the WiFi ever since I purchased the notebook, but lately it's been getting unbareable.  Turning the wifi off and on, used to buy me some time early on, but now it has a hard time even connecting to the network, and when it does it ridiculously slow.  Downloads at <3Mb/sec on a100+ MB/sec broadband service.

Is there another driver that would rectify this?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the latest W10 driver HP has for that model wifi card...

This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter. 

VERSION: 7.35.351.0 REV: A PASS: 1    EFFECTIVE DATE: October 25, 2016

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

HP Recommended

Why it is the older driver ?    (7.35.351.0 v  7.35.352.0)

HP Recommended

Anyway, i have the same issue with the same Wifi Card and Driver version, but on the different model (Envy 15t-k024tx) and the Broadcom Wifi Card Driver is missing at the driver download page on this model

HP Recommended

Installing this driver did increase my signal strength, but not by much.  An improvement is an improvement. 

HP Recommended

I got fed up and simply bought a usb wifi adapter.. no more worries and more speed.  Thanks for nothing hp haha

HP Recommended

Which driver version you are talking about? @yourpchealer

Ver 7.35.351.0 or 7.35.352.0 ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.