Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-P110nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I got HP Pavilion 15-P110NW with single Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter running only with 2,4 Ghz.

I just want to replace this adapter into dual channel. Could you please advise which wifi card for 2,4 / 5 GHz will be compatible with my laptop ? 

I just found this one, but sure if it’s fit and works:

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 combo adapter, for use only

on computer models equipped with Intel processors for HP Pavilion 17 and 15 Notebook PC

710662-005

Is that correct one like under the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Bplus-Wireless-AC-802-11ac-Bluetooth-Technology/dp/B00MYROS5U

I'll be apreciated for help.

Piotr

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Piolos 

Yes that is the one

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Piolos 

The Intel 3160 AC card requires two antenna cables, and your notebook only has one antenna cable.

You would connect the single antenna cable to this card's Main antenna terminal.

The Bluetooth should show up in the device manager, but the signal will be too weak to connect to anything.

HP Recommended

Should I then input second antena dedicated for Bluetooth ?

Can please advise any proposal with link if yes ?

HP Recommended

Hi:

I suppose you can do that, but I wouldn't be able to help you with it.

You would have to order the antenna kit listed in the service manual and completely disassemble the notebook including the display panel area, to properly run it.

Definitely not worth the trouble.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.