Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2283sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently replaced the adapter. Everything worked without installing drivers.
After reinstalling Windows, the adapter stopped working. The wireless network is not working.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Replacing-the-included-Wi-Fi-adapter-...

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Appolonovma
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter. 

1. If you are using an external USB wireless network adapter or cellular broadband device, unplug it, restart your computer, and then plug it into a different USB port after Windows opens.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

3. Double-click Network adapters.

Device Manager with Network adapters highlighted

4. Right-click the name of your wireless network adapter, and then select Uninstall device.

NOTE: If the name of the network adapter is missing from the network adapters category, the network adapter hardware is not connected or the device driver cannot Plug and Play. If this happens, shut down the computer and check the hardware connection to your wireless adapter hardware. Service the computer if problems are found.

Device Manager screen with the Wi-Fi adapter highlighted and the Uninstall device selection highlighted

5. When the Uninstall Device screen displays, select Delete the driver software for this device if it displays, and then click Uninstall.

After the network adapter uninstalls, the name of the wireless adapter no longer displays in the network adapters category.

Confirm Device Uninstall with Uninstall highlighted

6. In the Device Manager window, make sure to highlight Network adapters.

7. In the Device Manager main menu, click Action, and then select Scan for hardware changes.

The computer reinstalls the wireless network, and the wireless network adapter name displays in the Network adapters category.

Selecting Scan for hardware changes on the Action menu

8. After the network adapter name displays in Device Manager, close Device Manager and restart the computer.

9. Try to connect to the Internet.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help! Unfortunately this procedure did not help.photo_2021-01-06_16-47-40.jpg

HP Recommended

Wireless Network - Disabled. Turn Wi-Fi back on - manually. But the Wi-Fi enable button is not active.

HP Recommended

Resolved!

The automatic driver search program "driverpack" helped me:

Be careful: This program can install many additional programs, but this is all disabled. First, go through the tabs and disable the installation of recommended programs.

https://driverpack.io/uk/info/driverpack-online

HP Recommended

I was glad early. After rebooting, Wi-fi stopped working again. So is the wired network. Reinstalled Windows and started over. The wired network works. No Wi-fi.

1.PNG

I used hp pc hardware diagnostics - no errors

I uninstalled the device and reinstalled the driver - to no avail.

2.PNG

Wireless network - disabled

3.png

HP Recommended

@Appolonovma
Thank you for posting back.

HP Support Assistant is a software support diagnosis and troubleshooting tool from HP that can resolve many types of network and Internet connection issues. Follow these steps to diagnose and troubleshoot network issues using HP Support Assistant.
Internet and security options with HP Network Check highlighted

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did not help.

1.PNG

2.PNG

I have already tried a lot of recommendations from the Internet.
Could this be a hardware problem (like with the motherboard)? I tested this adapter on another computer (not HP) - it works.

HP Recommended

@Appolonovma
Thank you for posting back.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.