Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ57 480SA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Forum,

I have not used the forum before and I am not very technically minded I have seen several posts and replies from members who have been dealing with a similar problem to me and I believe I have tried the solutions posted but nothing has worked so far.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ57-480SA Notebook PC - Model #: B1V34EA

I think it was bought in 2012. It was running Win 7 and worked properly but I upgraded to Win10 in July and since then (and despite a complete re-install) there is no wireless functionality at all (no wireless icon, etc). The physical wireless switch will not do anything except turn 'Airplane mode' on and off. I have surfed various websites and the HP site and think that it maybe the wireless adapter but I am not sure. I think my wireless adapter is a

Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Description: Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Driver version: 2013.12.720.2015

Driver date: 7/20/2015
Physical address: ‎20-10-7A-5F-DB-8D

File version: 2013.12.1117.2014

I downloaded Piriform Speccy to identify my laptop's components in case this helps:

Operating System - Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU - Intel Celeron B810 @ 1.60GHz  - Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM - 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard - Hewlett-Packard 3672 (CPU1)
Graphics - Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (HP)

Storage - 465GB Seagate ST500LM012 HN-M500MBB (SATA)
Optical Drives - hp DVDRAM GT50N
Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Regards  - Renard2016

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.