Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 65XXHP Laptop 17-by0xx (6SU8MS4E0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I connect my HP Laptop 17-by0xx (6SU8MS4E0) to my HP 2013 Ultraslim docking station with just a network cable or something else. I'd like to use all my peripherals connected to the docking station without having to unplug everything so I wondered if I could just run a network cable from the laptop to the docking station.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Wavesource 

It specs

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-2013-ultraslim-docking-station/5450893/document/c03958207

Your machine does not have docking port or simply say they are not compatible.

>>>> I could just run a network cable from the laptop to the docking station.

You have to run network cable from the network point to the dock first why not use cable directly from your machine to the network point ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I don't use a network point, it's all wireless. I run three monitors from the slimline docking station and I would like to know if I can cable into the docking station through the network port from the laptop that is not compatible with the docking station.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.