Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 ac026tx
FreeDOS

Hello All,

I bought my laptop ( HP 15 AC026TX in india) last year July. It came with Broadcom BCM43142 1x1BGN wlan card with 1 antenna. I want to upgrade my card to an Intel card as I mostly use Linux OS and Broadcom drivers has issues in Linux. But I've been reading about Bios Whitelisting. So, please let me know if my model of laptop has Whitelisting or not ?

If not, Can I buy a generic intel wireless-n card and use in my laptop? or should it be hp ceritified intel card?

Thanks & Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rajendra_1903 wrote:

Also, does my laptop model has Bios whitelisting ?? Can I use any Intel 3165 AC Wifi Card or should it be HP Specific Intel 3165 Card?

I would go with is listed for wifi option in the Service Manual. IF your laptop is 2012 or older it probably is whitelisted.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rajendra_1903 wrote:

Hello All,

I bought my laptop ( HP 15 AC026TX in india) last year July. It came with Broadcom BCM43142 1x1BGN wlan card with 1 antenna. I want to upgrade my card to an Intel card as I mostly use Linux OS and Broadcom drivers has issues in Linux. But I've been reading about Bios Whitelisting. So, please let me know if my model of laptop has Whitelisting or not ?

If not, Can I buy a generic intel wireless-n card and use in my laptop? or should it be hp ceritified intel card?

Thanks & Regards

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04653884

Page 3 list what wifi it can upgrade to but it doesn't show the part number  so you will have to contact HP of India to find the parts for it. Also that laptop comes only with 7 or 8.1 there is no FreeDos or Linux version. So if you want drivers you will have to go to the Linux Distro forum site that your using to get more driver and hardware support since there is no HP driver support listed for it.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

Also, does my laptop model has Bios whitelisting ?? Can I use any Intel 3165 AC Wifi Card or should it be HP Specific Intel 3165 Card?

HP Recommended

@rajendra_1903 wrote:

I would go with is listed for wifi option in the Service Manual. IF your laptop is 2012 or older it probably is whitelisted.

Learn more
HP Recommended

I have the same question. Can I upgrade the wifi card in my ba057ca to a card that support 5GÉ

HP Recommended

Yes. There's no bios whitelisting in this model. I swapped a Qualcomm Athros WIFI card from my friends laptop and it works without any issues. So you can put any NGFF M.2 Slot WIFI cards in this laptop. 

But, this my laptop has only one antenna - So performance wont be great. I'm planning to add another antenna on my own as my warranty is completed.

Anyway, Answer to your question is YES. You can upgrade to any newer WIFI card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.