Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

A friend of mine is selling his HP Elitebook 840 G3 and I am thinking about buying it. The thing that attracts me to it is the SIM slot. If I can use my T-mobile data SIM on this computer I will definitely buy it. 

Does anyone know if a T-Mobile SIM card will work in the Elitebook 840 G3?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ussvalor

You have to check

1. Does it have one of the following options

HP hs3110 HSPA+ Intel® Mobile Broadband Module*
        HP lt4120 Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X5 LTE Mobile Broadband Module

Go to Device Manager > Network Adapters.

2. If yes, please check with T-Mobile to see: dos it support the installed card.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Can either of those two modules be added after purchase if my machine does not have it? I'm a skilled technician, I just need to know if the parts are available.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@LittleGhoti 

Sorry, the specs clearly says

Optional Broadband Wireless (WWAN) requires a Windows operating system and is available in select countries as a standard, factory configurable feature only.

Looks like we can't add WWAN module ourselves. Please check your machine to see the SIM slot because

All units have a SIM card slot and icon but units that do not support WWAN are shipped with a non-removable SIM slot plug

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.