Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0012la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am currently looking to upgrade my HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0012la wifi card, it comes with a Realtek RTL8821CE  which is not the greatest.

Any suggestions about better any better card i can use?

Beforehand thank you for the help guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that wifi card only needs one antenna cable and any other dual band wifi card you would want to upgrade to, requires two antennas.

In order to add a second antenna cable to upgrade to a better card, you would need to completely disassemble the notebook including the display panel area to run a second antenna cable.  Plus you would need to buy the specific antenna kit for your notebook listed in the service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06140017

I would just live with the current wifi adapter your notebook comes with since it is dual band AC, rather than to through all that trouble and possibly break something during the course of taking the whole PC apart.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that wifi card only needs one antenna cable and any other dual band wifi card you would want to upgrade to, requires two antennas.

In order to add a second antenna cable to upgrade to a better card, you would need to completely disassemble the notebook including the display panel area to run a second antenna cable.  Plus you would need to buy the specific antenna kit for your notebook listed in the service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06140017

I would just live with the current wifi adapter your notebook comes with since it is dual band AC, rather than to through all that trouble and possibly break something during the course of taking the whole PC apart.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul-

Thank you for your accurate and quick response, i will go with the external USB dongle instead 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.