Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,713 Views)

Can't Turn on Wifi on laptop after windows 10 upgrade

Product Name: Pavilion dv6-6c-43cl Entertain
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP pavilion dv6 laptop with a Intel(R) centrino(R) wireless 1030. After I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 it worked fine until after a few times of restart (after update). All of a sudden the wireless would not turn on. If i hit the wireless key, all it does is turn airplane mode on and off. When I go into the "Network and Internet" under settings, the switch that would turn wifi on would imediately turn flip off. I also noticed that the wifi Intel centino is "not connected". My Ethernet still works, but wifi does not. I have updated the drivers, and went into command prompt to enter in

"reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f" 

but it said "error: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value."

and 

"netcfg -v -u dni_dne"

which showed

"trying to uninstall dni_dne ...

... dni_dne is not installed.

...done."

how do i fix thix problem?

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 2 (1,708 Views)

Re: Can't Turn on Wifi on laptop after windows 10 upgrade

try reinstalling windows as the latest update of windows 10 has a few known bugs.

Use the “go back” feature to uninstall the Anniversary Update.  Once removed, you can re-install using the Windows Update Assistant by going to the Windows 10 download page and clicking the Update Now button.
There are two methods to uninstall the Anniversary Update:

Method 1: Using the Recovery Console

1.      Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart.
2.      After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Go back to the previous build.  If you don’t see this option, try Method 2.

Method 2: Using the Settings app from Safe Mode

1.      Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart.
2.      After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
3.      After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode.
4.      Open the Settings app.
5.      Select Update & security and then the Recovery tab.
Under “Go back to an earlier build”, click the Get started button and follow the instructions.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation