Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,874 Views)

Can't connect to Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Hello,

I am trying to reset my wifi password, I do not have a router any longer....I do have a HP Envy 23 running windows 8 trying to find out how to figure out the password to enter to connect to my wifi w/ my android phone......Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter w/ adhock checked off, not sure if it is compatible w/ my phone.....I need to reset the password and connect to wifi, thank you!!......

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (1,829 Views)

Re: Can't connect to Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Hi Luckie1111,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I would first like to make sure that you are connecting the phone properly, so that your computer can see the wireless hot spot. I have included a link to 'Unable to make my laptop network as wifi hotspot'. To confirm these are the steps that you have taken?

Another option that you can try is still have the settings on your phone set the same for a Mobile Hot Spot, but connect the phone to your computer using a USB cable. Are you able to know see, and connect to the Hot Spot?

If you are still experiencing the same issue, please let me know the full model number of your Envy 23 notebook. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'. One last question is, who is your service provider? (ie. AT&T, or Verizon).

Regards. Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,809 Views)

Re: Can't connect to Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply and info. I am having trouble w/ wifi passwords.....I have ways to connect to wifi via my Samsung Galaxy sII phone from Virgin Mobile but when I enter a password it's not correct.....I don't have a router right now, I did purchase one, it's on it's way to me shortly....I am using my HP Envy 23 desktop all in one computer.....I contacted my cable co. about this password issue they told me to connect w/ a ethernet cable to the router type in the ip address enter router administration  for username and password and set up security settings etc. I never had to do this before, the wifi used to connect just fine...I think I lost the wifi profile and password some how, this is why I am having issues w/ a good wifi stable connection.....I will try my new router when it arrives see if this works for me....I tried to creat a new connection w/ this Ralink adapter, seems it didn't work, I don't have a portable hot spot on my phone, just a wifi connection, or if I pay extra I can get wifi direct to connect to a wifi connection anywhere........Thanks again, have a great day!! =)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation