Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw
Chrome OS

I set up my HP Laserjet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw with the HP Smart App. For a day or two everything works as it should. Then suddenly when I try to print I get a message "Can't connect to printer." I delete the HP Smart App and the printers from my wife's phone, my phone, our two Chromebooks, and start all over again. The printer works as it should for a day or two, and then I get another message, "Can't connect to printer." I seem to be in a loop that I can't get out of. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I should add that every time I set up the printer again I get another message: "A change in Printer certificate was detected. Do you want to accept the new certificate? Accepting the new certificate is required for printer communication."

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Charles92,

I'd like to help!

Set a manual IP -

1. Print a conƭguration page and take down the IP a. From the Home screen on the product control panel, swipe until the Setup menu displays. Touch the Setup icon to open the menu. b. Open the Reports menu. c. Select &onƭguration Report.
  2. Open a Web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the HP LaserJet.
  3. Type the current IP address of the LaserJet listed on the configuration page into the address bar on your Web browser and press "Enter" to open the HP printer's embedded Web server.
  4. Select the "Networking" tab from the HP configuration screen
  5. Click "Network Settings" on the left side of the screen.
  6. Select the "TCP/IP" tab.
  7. -network protocols ---> select IPV4 only or turn IPV6 off-->apply 
  8. Click the drop-down menu under "IP Configuration Method" and select "Manual."
  9. Enter a new IP address in the box that appears
  10. Click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hello Jay,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I got through Step 4, Selecting the "Networking" tab from the HP configuration screen.

Here is a screenshot of what Step 5 looks like. I can’t find a "Network Settings" button on the left side of the screen to click on.

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 1.28.23 PM (1).png

HP Recommended

I'll try again ... 

Charles92_0-1615927268508.png

HP Recommended

Click on the IPV4 configuration on the top left, right below the configuration tab.

Hope this helps!

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.