Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-13-2021 04:00 PM - edited 03-13-2021 04:22 PM
I set up my HP Laserjet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw with the HP Smart App. For a day or two everything works as it should. Then suddenly when I try to print I get a message "Can't connect to printer." I delete the HP Smart App and the printers from my wife's phone, my phone, our two Chromebooks, and start all over again. The printer works as it should for a day or two, and then I get another message, "Can't connect to printer." I seem to be in a loop that I can't get out of. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
I should add that every time I set up the printer again I get another message: "A change in Printer certificate was detected. Do you want to accept the new certificate? Accepting the new certificate is required for printer communication."
03-16-2021 11:16 AM
I'd like to help!
Set a manual IP -
- Print a conƭguration page and take down the IP a. From the Home screen on the product control panel, swipe until the Setup menu displays. Touch the Setup icon to open the menu. b. Open the Reports menu. c. Select &onƭguration Report.
- Open a Web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the HP LaserJet.
- Type the current IP address of the LaserJet listed on the configuration page into the address bar on your Web browser and press "Enter" to open the HP printer's embedded Web server.
- Select the "Networking" tab from the HP configuration screen
- Click "Network Settings" on the left side of the screen.
- Select the "TCP/IP" tab.
- -network protocols ---> select IPV4 only or turn IPV6 off-->apply
- Click the drop-down menu under "IP Configuration Method" and select "Manual."
- Enter a new IP address in the box that appears
- Click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
03-16-2021 02:38 PM
Thanks for taking the time to help. I got through Step 4, Selecting the "Networking" tab from the HP configuration screen.
Here is a screenshot of what Step 5 looks like. I can’t find a "Network Settings" button on the left side of the screen to click on.