Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
javion602 Top Student
Top Student
2 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't connect to wifi says wifi is disabled

HP Chromebook 14
I try to connect to the internet but it says no networks are available even though my phone is connected to my wif and it says wifi is disabled but there is no button to enable it. I spoke with someone from google and we did a powerwash, now it is stuck on the main screen that says welcome, select your language keyboard, and network but I can't move pass this page because it says no networks are available. Please help!
3 REPLIES
bubbles1263 Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tap the HP icon. will take you to support. tap devices. tap your computer, than tap diagnose. your adapter may not be up to date or it may need to be reconnected. they will do it all for you

0 Kudos
javion602 Top Student
Top Student
2 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Last night I was told to do a powerwash but now I can't get into my computer because it is not connected so I can't choose a network
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2283
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@javion602

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand you Can't connect to wifi as it says wifi is disabled,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you out,

If you’re having trouble connecting your Chromebook to the Internet, try the steps below. Test your Chromebook after each step to see if the problem is fixed.

Problems connecting to Wi-Fi

1. Make sure Wi-Fi is on.
  2. Check that the network you want to connect to works with your Chromebook.

For more details: Click here

It's entirely possible the power wash wasn't successful and hence I would recommend you retry using this link if the above steps does not resolve the issue: Click here

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation