Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (299 Views)

Can't connect to wifi

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Notebook - 15-bn070wm
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just purchased a new laptop today. Since HP support refuses to help me with a simple problem w/o paying even more, I have decided to seek help here, before I  return the item. The laptop will not connect to my wifi using the password provided by my IP. I have connected all my other devices using the same password. Anyone know what the problem could be?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (182 Views)

Re: HP Support

@ 570thrasher,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post and see you are having difficulty in connecting your PC to the wireless network setup at your place. I will be glad to help you.

Firstly, I recommend you to verify the password setup for the router and the kind of security it is using (WPA, WEP..). Since you have other computers connected to the wireless network, I request you to refer to this article http://hp.care/2bE99gM This article helps you in finding the correct password setup on the wireless network. 

Refer to page 28 in the user manual

If you are getting any errors when you try to connect to the network, please let me know.

Also, refer this article for wireless troubleshooting http://hp.care/2ci3ygv

Let me know me know how it goes.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation