Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Oh I didn’t know i had to uninstall it from the device manager, i already removed the battery before opening it up, should I actually assemble it once again, turn it on and remove it from the device manager before i change the intel card?

is it not okay if i just remove the card and insert a new one and then turn it on without removing it from the device manager?

HP Recommended

Since you already have it apart, I guess it will be OK to just remove the card and install the new one.

After you get the Intel card installed and W10 installs the drivers for it, go to the device manager, click on the View tab at the top of the device manager window, and select the Show Hidden Devices option.

Then go to the Network adapters device manager category and if you see the Atheros wifi card showing up in light shade, then you can uninstall it.

HP Recommended

Okay, I have a bad news. I ordered a new wireless card for upgrade, and tried to start my laptop after assembling it completely and it gave me “Boot Device not found”, which I think a hard drive problem, but not sure how to fix it. Any idea?

image.jpg

HP Recommended

Yes, you have some kind of issue going on with the hard drive.

You didn't inadvertently disconnect a cable or anything, did you?

The notebook can't find the hard drive. 

So it is either disconnected somewhere, or it completely died on you.

HP Recommended

I did disconnect the hard drive cable from the motherboard, but it was intentional as I was under impression that network card would be under the motherboard panel intended to look below the panel until I saw atheros. It seems now that I messed up disconnecting the hard drive cable, as I don’t think the hard drive would just die on me like that, but again don’t really understand what happened. I will do some digging on how to fix that or buy another drive or something.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.