cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Jess721
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Can’t log back in to my new HP laptop says I’m not connected to internet

HP Recommended
Hp
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I just set up my new HP laptop and tried to sign in again but I am getting a message that says I’m not connected to the internet even though I am. I have restarted several times but can’t seem to fix it.  I did set up a Microsoft account when I set everything up. Is something up with that.

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,600 27,036 3,123 6,757
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jess721 

I don't understand -- if you're not able to login, then how can you be getting messages?

If what you are saying is that you are seeing the "globe" symbol on the login screen, that generally means that the router you are using to access the Internet no longer has that access. 

I use an Extender in my Den to access my main Router because I don't want to run a 50-foot cable to it, and I see that same symbol at least once every few days.  I unplug the Extender, wait a couple of minutes, restart the laptop -- and Internet access is back.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jess721
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Our internet is working just fine on our other computer. It is showing that I am connecting on my new computer too. The message pops up when I try to enter my password to access my computer. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation