Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Intel Pentium N3710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 7, I lost WiFi for some reason. I tried installing https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91501-92000/sp91514.exe but that didn't work. Please help ASAP. 

Model: 15-bs020wm

Version: Windows 7 64x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DragonGuy996 you may want to obtain the recovery media (OEM) via HP Support and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@DragonGuy996 This computer wasn't meant for Windows 7 as HP doesn't recommend or support a downgrade of the OS, as you can see the drivers listed for your computer under the HP website: Click here to verify are for Windows 10 alone, which means, they don't work on Windows 7, besides, if you need a driver to work on Windows 7, you may want to look up 3rd party website such as Driverscape, etc... (Not recommended by HP, this is just me, trying to help you out as a person), that said, HP recommends you get back to Windows 10 OEM using the HP Recovery media: Click here or here to obtain one and here to know how to use it.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, i was on vacation. Anyway, I tried to install windows 10 on my laptop and it said it needs wifi to install windows 10 which I don't have.

HP Recommended

@DragonGuy996 Better late than never, welcome back!

That said, how did you install it? was it using the HP Recovery media or a retail copy of Windows? if you don't have the OEM please click here for details on getting one.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the welcome! Anyway, I did what the instructions said and I couldn't find the recovery manager. I downloaded the Windows 10 that had to have an internet connection to download from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

@DragonGuy996 you may want to obtain the recovery media (OEM) via HP Support and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.