01-25-2010 01:37 PM
I just reinstalled windows XP SP2 and since then I have not been able to turn on the wireless capability. I also reinstalled all the HP drivers with that CD and the wireless assistant turns on but the button to enable wireless is grey/faded out so it cannot be clicked. The button on my keyboard to switch on the wireless is unresponsive. I checked the bios with F10 on start up and that says that wireless is enabled, wireless assistant also claims the the bios is enabled.
Those are the only three ways I cant think of to turn on the wireless and none of them work. Please help.
01-26-2010 07:15 AM
Nevermind. I saw someone suggested to take out the battery so I unplugged the computer and pulled the battery out for a little while. When i put it back in and turned the computer on the wireless keyboard button worked.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)