Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp notebook-15-ba0019 nr 7DN58EA#UUW

hp notebook-15-ba0019 nr 7DN58EA#UUW. Windows 10. My iPhone: iPhone SE, version iOS 14.7.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Assuming the laptop can "see" the internet network ID from the iPhone and asks for the password when you try to connect to it, it should work.

If all those conditions are met, I see no reason it would not work.

When you are attempting the connection to the iPhone hotspot, what happens on the laptop side?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

While not exactly clear what you are wanting, I assume that you wish to use the iPhone as a hotspot and connect the laptop to the internet using that approach.  Is that correct?

First your carrier has to allow that support and then you need to turn the hotspot feature on.  Go to the "Settings" page on the iPhone.  In the first list of items on that page starting at the top is "Airplane Mode" there is a break before "Notifications"  If your iPhone can support the "Personal Hotspot" it will be listed at the bottom of the first group, before the break and the "Notifications" heading.

If it is there, tap on the "Personal Hotspot".  In the next page will be the "Allow Others to Join"  toggle that feature to the "On"

The WiFi Password is shown that needs to be inserted in the laptop's WiFi when you attempt to connect to the iPhone HotSpot.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tips

The problem is correctly described by you,. Not found in Airplane mode:

It did not work on my devices´could´nt find under Airplane Mode.

Best regards

wolf47

HP Recommended

It is not clear what you are reporting.  Are you saying there is "Personal Hotspot" listed in the first group?  It is not under the topic of "AirPlane" mode.  It is in the list of items that start with "AirPlane" Mode.

On the version of iOS on  my iPhone - in the first group of topics, the list is

Airplane Mode

Bluetooth

Cellular

Personal Hopspot.

If that is not the same as yours, please either take a photo or type the info.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I´ve activated  allow others. bur the problem still occurs: I cannot use my iPhone as a source for internet connection to my HP lap top, but my friend can connect to my iPhone, wnen in mode allow others. I can connect my HP lap top to her samsung/android cellphone. So I dont know if the failure is in my computer or my iPhone

HP Recommended

Assuming the laptop can "see" the internet network ID from the iPhone and asks for the password when you try to connect to it, it should work.

If all those conditions are met, I see no reason it would not work.

When you are attempting the connection to the iPhone hotspot, what happens on the laptop side?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Problem solved

HP Recommended

Не могу найти драйвер для  сетевого адаптера HP 15s-eq2028ur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.