09-12-2016 07:31 PM
I bought this laptop in April. First the original cable stopped working and I had to get a new charging cable from HP. Today the wifi stopped working. Help!!
09-13-2016 10:37 AM
Welcome to HP Support Forums! It’s a great place to get your technical queries answered.
I understand that you are having issues while connecting to Wi-Fi and I would be happy to assist you with the best of my knowledge.
Let’s first try the below-mentioned steps to get the issue fixed:
- Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
- Double-click Network adapters.
- Right-click the name of your wireless network adapter, then select Uninstall
- When the Confirm Device Uninstall screen is displayed, click OK and wait for the device to be uninstalled (Do not select the box which says “delete the driver for this device)
- Restart your computer and try to use the Wi-Fi.
If the above-mentioned steps do not help, please go to http://hp.care/2cGuN1K and follow the steps mentioned there.
Please let me know what happens. Thanks!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)