Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (68 Views)

Cannot connect to wireless printer over wifi

Product Name: HP Photosmart B110
Operating System: macOS 10.12 Sierra

I recently changed my wifi router and now can no longer see or connect to the wireless printer - Photosmart All in One B110.  The printer is connected to the "new" wifi network, as is my laptop, but the laptop - MacBook Pro running OSX Sierra - cannot find the printer anymore.

Any ideas, help....please!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (43 Views)

Re: Cannot connect to wireless printer over wifi

Greetings @RASb,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you have replaced the router, the printer and the computer are connected to the new router by it is not found on the MAC. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. However, require some information from you to be able to assist you better.  

Are you using a dual band router? Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network. 

Have you installed the full feature software for the printer on your computer?

Is the printer working fine with USB connection?

If you have installed the full feature software for your printer on the computer and if the printer is working fine using the USB connection, recommend you follow the procedure mentioned in this HP Article to convert the USB connection to wireless automatically. 

If the issue persists, uninstall the printer software from your computer, reset the printing system and download the latest full feature software from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on your computer. 

HP Printers - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

HP Printers - Resetting the Printing System (Mac)

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (28 Views)

Thanks for the advice, which is great but didn't work for me.  The problem appears to be specific to the Virgin Media (UK service provider) router, which is somehow blocking interconnection between wireless devices - although Virgin denies this. Our previous model worked fine, but their new "superhub" 3.0 doesn't seem to allow interconnection, which I have confirmed with other users locally i.e. it isn't just my router.

My solution was to add a network extender and use that as my connection point.  Now all portable devices see each other and can connect to the HP printer - success.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (22 Views)

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that the issue was resolved by using a range extender. Please do post your technical questions on HP Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation