marija26 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot detect my home wifi but can detect my neighbours? Other devices can find my wifi

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello all

My HP Pavillion cannot pick up my home wifi. It picks up my neighbours and other hotspot  wifi  perfectly. Every other device including other mobiles and laptops can pickup my wifi but it is just my laptop that can't. I don't know what to do. I have tried restarting my router, even took out wires and put them back in. Still no use. Why does every other device pickup my wifi but my laptop cannot?

4 REPLIES 4
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1154 1151 69 140
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot detect my home wifi but can detect my neighbours? Other devices can find my wifi

Hi,

Follow the steps here http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
marija26 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A lot of useful info, but it doesn't help

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
38633 38451 5905 10290
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go see if it is in your "known" networks and "forget" it. The stored configuration settings for your own hotspot/access point may be corrupted. 

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/forget-wireless-network-profiles-windows-10

0 Kudos
marija26 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks bur already did that - no use.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation