Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6t-7000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot find the wireless adapter in Device Manager, Network Center and also tried to press the wireless button on the keyboard. Looked into multiple articles to fix the issue but I could not do it. I am not sure how can I enable the wifi. I am using Ethernet as of now to browse the internet. Can someone please help me on this? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Rock2705,

Try updating the BIOS, chipset and wireless drivers on the PC to the latest version using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Note: Before uninstallation of the wireless drivers make sure your PC is connected via ethernet cable.

If you still have issues try the steps recommended below.

Restart your modem or WiFi adapter

Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and select Device Manager from the list.
Find your networking device, right click on it and click Disable.
Restart your computer
Go to Device Manager again, and enable the networking device the same way you disabled it

Reset TCP connection

Right-click on the Start Menu button and open Command Prompt (Admin)
Enter the following lines and press Enter after entering each one:
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled 
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
Now enter this command to to verify that previous functions were disabled:
netsh int tcp show global
Close the Command Prompt window.

Run Windows Networking Troubleshooter

Go to Search and type troubleshoot. Choose Troubleshoot from the menu.

Select Network Adapter and click Run the troubleshooter.

Follow on-screen instructions.

Lastly, try running a network test using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your response but I cannot see the Wifi Adapter in Device Manager and currently I am connected to internet via Ethernet cable. I have tried all the above options before posting the question. I have looked into multiple posts all over the internet but nothing worked. I have even enabled 'View Hidden Devices' in Device Manager and I still cannot see the Wifi Adapter.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Rock2705,

Thanks or writing back to us.

It certainly sounds like a hardware issue with the wireless card.

Please contact HP support for service options. 

Contact HP support using this link. Click Here

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.