Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Cannot see printer option in Ms Office programmes

HP Recommended
HP DEskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new laptop - since then I cannot print from any office programmes.

The print option is greyed out and I am struggling to print anything - I dfid find a solution online which was to save it and then print it - this is such a long complex way to go about things,I just want to tupe things and print them without hassle.

I didn;t seem to have the option not to use an email address for the printer, I have no idea how to work it out

Any help much appreciated and apologies if I have put this on the wrong board 

6 REPLIES 6
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You have MS Office?

You create a document and it cannot be printed by Pressing Ctrl + P to bring up the printer option?

So do you have a printer correctly configured?

What is the default printer in Devices and Printers?

0 Kudos
Sandieg
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Yes I have Office 365 - I tried Ctrl and P - nothing, I went to file and cannot see the print option 

I am unsure how to ensure that the printer is configured corrently, everything works very well on the other laptop I have.

I have set this one as the default printer.  It has worked on other software.

Your help is much apprecaited 

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Ctrl + P goes back to the days of black and white printing, and is a good benchmark, try it on the other laptop.

So if you cannot print in Office 365 then the next thing is to test other software, like Notepad, Wordpad and Paint.

If they are the same then it is a local config issue with the PC.

NB:  I find LibreOffice more than capable and would consider installing it to test the printer function if the above test doesn't work.

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
Sandieg
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, I did try it with my card sutting software and that will work. 

Are you able to point me in the direction of where I can configure the printer?  Sorry needs to be fairly simple 🙂

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Devices and Printers, but you already have it set there, and then internally in Office.

HP Recovery Media Creation.pngPrt Setup.png

When I choose print I have to select the Printer, from a list of devices in LibreOffice, otherwise it goes to XPS document Writer and not to the Printer.

BUT I am not familiar with Office 365 and hope someone else more savvy than me can help.

0 Kudos
Sandieg
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you I am going to contact HP later today and see if they can help, if not it will be MS.   I can find it in apps, it is in dedvices and printers, it just doesn't come up on the available list in office.  I am currently unable to change the software but wil try later

Thanks for all your help 

This is what I see when I try and print as you can see there is no option to actaully select a printer.  Ctrl and P doesn't work either 

Printer.jpg

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation