Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connect to wi fi

hp pavillion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wi fi connectivity suddenly lost. Wireless status missing. Can connect only through wired connection. Already  tried hp troubleshooting, still, wi fi feature not available. When wi fi button is pressed, only flight mode is enabled and disabled. Wireless networks cannot be detected. any help for this issue is greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1463
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connect to wi fi

Hello @dhy1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I understand that you have issues connecting to Wi-Fi. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Did you try uninstalling the Wi-Fi drivers and reinstalling the drivers? That would be a great start to fixing this problem. Please follow the step by step instructions here: http://hp.care/2cRNBdm

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
dhy1 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connect to wi fi

I tried uninstalling Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device network adapters in device manager and reinstalled. No any change happened. I followed troubleshooter, reset bios, still the same. Finally I restored the system to factory setting back to windows 8 and again upgraded to windows 10 home single language. Still I cant use wi fi connection. when i pressed wi fi hard key, flight mode is disabled and enabled, the orange color on the switch is not changing when pressed. right click on the flight mode icon, go to setting pops up, i go to settings, a note saying we couldnt find wireless devices on this pc is highlighted in red. please advice

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1463
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connect to wi fi

Hi @dhy1, Thank you for your reply.

Appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue. Let’s try one more step.

• In Windows Cortana (Search box at the bottom left) type in wireless – You should get a result which says “Turn wireless devices on or off” – Select that option.
  • You will be redirected to “Network & Internet” page. Make sure the Wi-Fi option under the wireless devices is turned on.
  • Now try to search for Wi-Fi networks.

Let me know how it goes. Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
dhy1 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connect to wi fi

Hello Dvortex,

Thank you for the reply. In Network and interenet page, under wireless devices, a note saying " we couldn't find wireless devices on this pc", highlighted in red color. Only the flight mode soft key switch is available on top of wiress devices section. Flight mode is currently switched off. See attachment. Please advice. Thank you.Untitled.png

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1463
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connect to wi fi

Hi @dhy1,

Thank you for replying with pictorial details.

Go to device manager – Expand Network adapters and let me know whether there are any exclamatory marks or a down arrow next to wireless adapter. If there are none please proceed with the below-mentioned steps.

If there are no exclamatory mark, I would suggest you perform a system restore first. System restore will help to restore your computer to a point in time before the issue began. You can go to http://hp.care/2bSk7wj to follow step by step instructions to perform a system restore.

If the system restore does not help your cause, then the last option is to do a system recovery. System recovery will reset your notebook to its factory state. Hence please make sure to back up any files that are important. Please visit http://hp.care/2byIEKi to perform a system recovery.

Let me know how it goes. I will watch for your reply.

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
dhy1 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connect to wi fi

Hi Dvortex,

Device manager under network adapters, no any exclamatory  marks listed. I' m not sure which wireless adapter i should have. Please see attachment.device manager.png

I did system restore. Still the same. I did mention previously, I did system reset, back to windows 8 and again upgraded to windows 10 home single language. Tried to check update for all network adapters, all network adapters are of the latest software.

Please advice. Regards, Dhy1

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1463
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connect to wi fi

Hello @dhy1,

Thank you for the reply.

I checked the image you sent. It looks like there are no wireless adapters installed at all. That could be the problem all along.

I would require your computer details to find you the correct wireless adapter. But please do not post any details here. I am sending you a private message to which you can reply with the details. Check the mail box icon on the top right corner of your screen to access your private mailbox.

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
sheila123 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connect to wi fi

Hi,

i had similar problem, not able to connect to any wifi (don' see any) for the past one week. I tried updating the driver thru hp assistant. Somehow it didn't really work, was getting the problem on and off.  It didn't work after updating, but next day it will work then it goess off again and i have to wait for another day, Anyway, after going thru the forum comments in my tablet, I tried another option. Under the hp assistant, i went to hp recovery and click on update drive and /or applications and install hp wireless button driver for windows 8. It has asked me to reboot and after rebooting, the wifi signal is on. Actually, my hp pavilion 15 came with windows 8.1 and i upgraded to windows 10 last year. I don't know if anything to do with that. But, for now it is working fine. May be too early to make any judgement. But, updating the driver the other day didnt help immediatly. Updating hp wireless button driver for window 8 worked. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you guys....

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation