cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cant find the wireless icon on the tool bar and F12 botton doesn switch on the wireless connection

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g4
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

This system does not have the wireless icon and the f12 botton does not switch on the wireless connection please help

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @karthick_27,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your exact model of G4 notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that you have lost the wireless icon from the taskbar and the F12 button does not turn it on / off.  First I would test for hardware failures, to rule out the card as being the issue. HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista) If it tests OK, 

please review the following post by @Great-Deku-Tree for assistance. 

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista) 

Please keep me updated.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation