Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello! I recently installed windows 7 on my laptop to get it to speed up. It has, but all of the internet/LAN/WIFI drivers are missing. Some other drivers are missing as well, but my main issue is the wifi. HP no longer supports windows 7, so I cant really get the drivers. I installed (through USB) the free DriverEasy app, but it cant detect what card I have.

If any of you have a solo tin, It would be great! 

Here are all the other missing drivers/devices in "other devices" section with alert symbol 

Base System Device

Ethernet Controller

Network Controller

PCI Data acquisition and signal processing controller (this one appears twice in the list)

PCI memory controller

PCI simple communications controller

SM bus controller

Unknown (i see this twice also)

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mouseClick 

What is your HP Laptop 15-bs0xx  ?  Did you know vendors did not write drivers for machines with Intel gen 8 and up processors. Your machine may AMD processor, and it could be on the same boat.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's a 15-bs058ca

with intel i5 7th gen

HP Recommended

Hi, @mouseClick 

I recommend you reinstall W10 because I doubt you will be able to find all the drivers you need for W7.

You can try the W7 Intel chipset driver and hope it installs some of those devices.

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp87001-87500/sp87257.exe

The only driver I know that will work is this ethernet driver...download, unzip and run the setup application from the W7 driver from the link below.

Realtek PCI GBE Ethernet Family Controller Software - REALTEK

Wifi:  You can install the driver, and everything will look fine, but the wifi radio is off by default, and won't turn on.

This package contains drivers for the Intel Wireless LAN adapter in supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp102001-102500/sp102093.exe

This long discussion may be of help to get it to work.

Function Key not working, how to turn on wifi on Windows 7 - HP Support Community - 6606810

You can try the Intel graphics driver mod by reading this discussion at the link below...3rd reply from the bottom.

Re: Windows 7 VGA drivers Probook 450 G4 - HP Support Community - 5960117

I don't know if any W7 USB 3.1 drivers exist.  I know that HP doesn't have any.

I would do a general internet search and see what turns up.

The wifi and USB ports not working would be a show-stopper for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.