Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Caps lock button won't stop flashing,computer won't turn on

Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
So my hp pavilion that is not even 2 years old yet has bit the dust, back in July I was using my laptop perfectly fine one night and the next morning the computer would not turn on and the caps lock button has been flashing continuously; it does NOT stop. I have talked to tech support but because I'm out of warranty they don't want to talk to me unless I pay 70 bucks. Anyway yesterday I got annoyed and tried turning it on for the first time in 3 months. It turned on and took a few minutes but worked just fine- now it is again doing the caps lock thing again. I do hard resets continuously and it takes an hour to turn on, I have been told to just buy a new laptop. What is the issue? When it turns on it works just fine
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18434 18381 1505 2546
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Caps lock button won't stop flashing,computer won't turn on

@Btrace

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips!
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out!

Let us begin!

As I understand the computer works fine when it's powered on after a long interval but (correct me if I'm wrong) it shuts down on its own and gets the continuous blinks on the capslock while it's being used!

Here's what you need to know about the blink codes:

You could attempt a bios recovery as the continuous blinks are similar to the 6 blink code mentioned in the article:

Follow these steps to recover an earlier version of the BIOS on your notebook:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.

3. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

4. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

5. If the HP BIOS Update screen displays, continue to step 5.

6. For more steps, click here

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation