SAB63 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Changing open wifi to secured

HP Pavillion 17-g121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went from XP to Windows 10.  Quite a change!! 

How do I change from 0pen wifi to a secured connection?  Will need very detailed instructions if possible. ThankYou

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
70640 8495 18263
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hi,

This is nothing to do with your computer, it is from your wireless router (or Access Point - also called AP). All you have to do is to change from the AP itself. Is it YOUR router/AP ? You have to logon to it and change from there.

You can see many Open networks around you now such as from Airports, Railway stations, libraries, shopping malls .... If that is the case, nothing you can do about that, they open for everyone.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
SAB63 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Thankyou very much.  I will give a try and see how it goes.  Thanks again

0 Kudos
SAB63 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

banhien wrote:

Hi,

This is nothing to do with your computer, it is from your wireless router (or Access Point - also called AP). All you have to do is to change from the AP itself. Is it YOUR router/AP ? You have to logon to it and change from there.

You can see many Open networks around you now such as from Airports, Railway stations, libraries, shopping malls .... If that is the case, nothing you can do about that, they open for everyone.

Regards.

Thankyou very much.  I will give a try and see how it goes.  Thanks again

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation