Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 14-q010nr
Chrome OS

If a Chromebook won't connect to Wi-Fi or it connects for a slight second, disconnects, then says searching for Wi-Fi networks and shows none, or Wi-Fi just turns off, and keeps turning off when trying to turn it back on. What should I do?

Model: 14-q010nr
Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]
Product Number: F0G99UA#ABA

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ctylerjamison

I reviewed your post and I understand that the Chromebook is not connecting to wireless networks.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you trying to connect the PC to a wireless router or Mobile hotspot or any other network?

Meanwhile, I recommend you Make sure the network you’re connected to is properly set up and able to access the Internet.

Try connecting your device to a different network.

If these fail, you can enter Guest Mode from the link on the previous screen to use network diagnostic tools.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried doing the power wash but still when powering up the Wi-Fi connection is turned off and does not allow to be turned on.

After many attempts it turned on it worked properly but then again it turned off by itself and it's not turning on anymore.

What can I do in order to resolve this issue?

Model: 14-q010nr
Product Number: F0G99UA#ABA
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.