Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, I cant seem to get connected to WIFI to even set up the printer. Tried numerous times and followed the trouble shooting steps without success. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @PaulaMc11,

To better assist you - 

•  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?
  • Are you trying to connect your printer to your home network, public network or without a router?
  • What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?

While you respond to that, you may try the below steps to connect the printer

-->On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button and the Resume button together for three seconds. (When Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the display stays on)  
--->On your computer or phone go to wifi and connect it to your printer 
--->Select your printer with DIRECT in the name from the list of available networks (example: DIRECT-74-HP Deskjet2600).
--->Select the Wi-Fi Direct printer signal in Wi-Fi settings 
--->If prompted for a password, type 12345678. This is the default password to log in.
--->Now open a browser and type 192.168.223.1
--->you will be able to access the printer's EWS page 
--->on the page, you will find network - click on it 
--->go to wireless and select wireless setup wizard
--->now select the network that you want your printer to connect to and type in the password 
--->the printer will have solid blue light if it's connected 
--->then connect your phone back to your network

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.